New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2004 :  10:01:00 AM  Show Profile

What is VAX trying to tell me here? DEFINE_BOOL_VAL is a macro. "x" is not defined and its definitely not a file/folder/header.

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2004 :  2:29:16 PM  Show Profile
I think I figured it out - x is the placeholder for the parameter.
The definition of DEFINE_BOOL_VAL is
#define DEFINE_BOOL_VAL(x) \	private: bool m_b##x; \	public: bool x () { return m_b##x; }

VAX shows same behaviour when you write the implementation of a function (sometimes). So its the icon which is wrong and it should not show it for any USE of a function or macro.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2004 :  5:36:52 PM  Show Profile
VA X is suggesting a template of the arguments to a declared method, function or in your case. Not sure if it should do anything for a macro, but ...

If you declare a method or function then try to define it, VA X suggests the argument template from the declaration. The suggestion appears only if you are are global scope, hence defining the object.

There is a bug, still in build 1211, that prevents you from picking the suggested template. D'oh. Not much good, is it? You are supposed to Down Arrow and Tab to select the suggestion. (We don't allow just Tab since it's such an unusual suggestion.) You will notice the suggestion is not selected by default -- the Down Arrow makes it selected.

The folder icon is a hack. We intend to replace it with the icon for autotext and templates {}* since this suggestion might be consider auto autotext.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2004 :  5:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Right, so far it works as intended. I didnt notice the "bug" you mentioned. Works fine for me. Cursor down, Enter and there it is.
The folder icon irritated me, really.
But for macros it is totally useless.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000