Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 OT: Don't use FavIconizer like I suggested here...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  12:37:06 PM  Show Profile
I know this is off-topic, but I feel bad about suggesting a program that has a serious flaw, and wanted to inform anyone who downloaded and ran FavIconizer, before they waste a half-hour like I did.

FavIconizer works great, all right, except that it sets the web sites it visits to "Block Always" cookies! Good luck logging into www.WholeTomato.com with that setting...

Sorry about that.

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  12:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Hmm.... are you serious? If that's true, that'll be one helluva bug...
You sure it isn't the great automatic Cookiehandling of Internet Exploder 6?

I have set the Cookie-Settings to "User defined", allowing Session-Cookies et all...
As I am not able to translate it properly to your language, I have a screenshot of my settings here

These settings prevented me from getting grey hair for a very long time, because the "so called automatic"
Cookiehandling is not Microsoft's best work...

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  1:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Yup, I'm sure - it's a known bug: http://www.codeproject.com/tools/faviconizer.asp#xx462920xx

But thanks for the tip - I've set my cookie-handling to match yours...
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  2:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Stefan, how can you use a german Visual Studio and a german IE6 ??? Whenever I try this I have to first translate every dialogbox to english to understand what the hell they mean and thus although my native language IS german.
I think that its one of the worst translations of all. Arrrgh, just remembered the germanized compiler error messages. What a torture to work with that.
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  2:28:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, life is hard, isn't it? :D

My english is good enough to read english books, but not good enough to quickly understand error-messages or find Menu-items. Using english versions of the software would give me more detailed errormessages, but my working-speed would drop to an almost halt. Also (for me), english Software is quite hard to get...

You're absolutely right, though.... sometimes I really sit there thinking "what the $%-?& is it trying to tell me this time?"

Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  2:34:43 PM  Show Profile
I wouldnt have guessed it from your writting, which is pretty good. I think you underestimate yourself here.
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  2:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks...

Well, thank god not everything is translated, the MSDN for example is in english... Imagine they ever try to translate that one...

Okay, back to testing Visual Assist X...

Go to Top of Page

Darren
Tomato Guru

USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2004 :  8:51:00 PM  Show Profile
I ran that faviconizer and have had 0 problems and it worked great for me. Weird.

Darren
Go to Top of Page

pabloari

Spain
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2004 :  01:44:28 AM  Show Profile
I must agree with Uniwares. I am spanish and had to uninstall the spanish VS version as quickly as I had installed it. It's not just the bad translation, but also the isolation from the rest of the world. I could spend hours trying to guess the correct equivalents for english and spanish terms, when reading any documentation or writing to this forum, for example. But that's nothing compared to the automatic translations that Microsoft is kind enough to offer us in some of its web pages. They are real fun. It makes you realize how far we are from anything even remotely close to real AI.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000