Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2004 :  04:35:55 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I have an important question for the Whole Tomato team, about the directory settings.

In the directory settings the tooltip states the following:
quote:
List directories in the order they are to be searched.
Subdirectories must be listed individually.
If I remember correctly, the previous VA did a search through all subdirectories for the stable include files and other include files (I could be off here) and only a search in the given directories for the Library source files.

As I read the tooltip, it states that VA X doesn't do a search through the whole subtree at all. I have copied the directory names from the old version into the new one, which should then result in not parsing all the files I wanted. Is this correct or just a little typo in your tooltip?

I hope you'll help me with this. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

P.S. If I change one directory in the directory settings, the options dialog keeps nagging about restarting the IDE. (Try clicking on the word "projects" in the settings...

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  04:30:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello Support,

I had hoped that you would make a comment on this one. A simple answer will do. And it can be crusial to the functioning of my VA X.

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  11:25:55 AM  Show Profile
In short it does not do a recursive search. It works just like the include paths of the IDE and (in most cases) VA contains exact duplicates of the IDE paths.

You can click on the #include "dir/foo.h" and the definition field will display the full path to the file. If it displays nothing, something is wrong and you need to include the parent directory of "dir" in your include path.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000