I love Visual Assist!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mdemirha

19 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2004 :  02:34:17 AM  Show Profile
I couldnt stop myself writing how happy I am right now

Man, I LOVE VISUAL ASSIST more than any other program. It is the most useful program ever. I am sure nobody is interested in my story this but I will still write

Lately, I have been working on a huge simulation. The simulation program that I use is called OPNET and it is a really expensive program (single license costs more than $80,000 a year!). Anyway, even though this damn simulator is that expensive, it has the worst code editor ever. Thank god that it allows me to use external editors. And now I am using Visual Studio 6 + VAX. At first, VAX did not parse necessary files, cause they are not included in the file that I edit. And I cannot include them explicitly because OPNET does some weird stuff before compiling the file. So, I added the following lines

#ifdef _STUPID_OPNET_
#include "op_kp_cover.h"
#include "D:\\temp_include.h"
#endif

annnddd this solved all my problems. Now I can see all the definitions and declarations, ...etc. I am soooo happy that I couldnt stop myself writing this. You cant guess how hard it was to code without VAX. The simulation code was huge and the whole code was in a SINGLE file (with hundreds of static c style functions, ...etc). Even trying to find a function was a real pain.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank to you guys again. Great work with this new version. VA View is brilliant!!! Keep up the good work, and please do not remove me from your beta team. I promise I will send more feedback.

Best wishes,\rMustafa Demirhan
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000