New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  05:10:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm having some problems with a multiple .CPP-Files Solution (Workspace) in VS .NET 2002.

When I enter #include in the FIRST CPP-File, everything works as expected. Whenever I type #include in another CPP-File of the same Project/Solution, no suggestion pops up AND the autotext-completion puts the caret BEHIND the "" or <> (instead of between the "" or <>).

I'm at work right now, so I canot post some screens showing the problem right now, but will if needed after I come home...

Also the Autotext-Template-Tooltips seem somewhat broken:
instead of the -? (for "position caret here") I see a square in the Tooltip (when I type "struct" for example). The Completion works, but the Tooltip looks strange...

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  2:27:03 PM  Show Profile
There might be something above the #include line which is causing VA to miscalculate where the caret should wind up. Try experimenting by typing the #include closer to the top. If you can create a test file that demonstrates the problem, please mail it to support.

The strange block characters are \\n's. It was impossible to differentiate some templates in AutoText, ie "if()\\n{\\n}" and "if(){\\n}". We tried to make it another ascii character, nut failed to make it appear in all fonts, so we left it a strange block character.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  3:07:11 PM  Show Profile
I just created a new Solution and now the behaviour started to show up even on the first .cpp-File (while a second is also loaded into the IDE).

And it even happens when writing to the very top of the Editor-Window (how much higher can you get?)...

Mailed the zipped Solution to you. Mail-Subject: TOPIC_ID=1253: VAX1213: Multiple .CPP problem with #include

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Jan 23 2004 3:16:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000