New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2004 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

In VS.NET I'm sure there was an option so that autocompletion tooltips would only appear if it saved a certain number of characters (you could modify the number in the options dialog).

How can do I do this in VAX? At the moment I'm not too keen on the way it splats up suggestions literally all the time (eg: int, when I start a word 'i', bool when I start a word with 'b').

Cheers,
Dean

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  3:49:55 PM  Show Profile
Some of the suggestions for short symbols are coming from Autotext. We recommend disabling Autotext in the Completion node of our options dialog.

http://www.wholetomato.com/x/products/features/autotext.html

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2004 :  11:53:49 AM  Show Profile
Using build 1215.. The checkbox to disable autotext doesn't stop things like 'b' expanding to 'bool'.

I had to delete the entries from the autotext (for C/C++) text entry area, and then clear/rebuild my VAX data.

I tried narrowing this down further, but came across another bug to do with the re-install of VAX not overwriting the autotext templates with the latest versions, even though I said 'Yes'. My C/C++ autotext area remains empty.. I'll put that in another report for easier tracking though.

If you have any other ideas about the short-entries thing (ie why did I have to jump through hoops deleting autotext & clearing data), then that'd be good.. :)

Cheers,
Dean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000