Underlining of spelling is intermittent
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asmout
Ketchup Master

58 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2004 :  5:09:58 PM  Show Profile
I have been using VA6 for some time, and just installed the VAX beta.

I would like to report that the underlining of spelling mistakes in VAX is intermittent (and usually absent). I have quite a large project, (maybe it won't show up unless you have several hundred files), but VA6 seemed quite happy to underline my spelling errors. VAX is not. I saw the "right-click to add to dictionary" feature briefly, (and liked it, I should add), but since then VAX has pretty much given up underlining altogether.

On a (possibly) related note, I have found that the settings dialog is not very persitent. During a session, I make changes to the current settings, and then revisit the dialog to see that occasionally they have returned to their old values. These "old values" include having underlining disabled, so maybe that is related.

AdyR
Ketchup Master

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  04:02:38 AM  Show Profile
I have found that the "Underline spelling errors in comments and strings" option becomes disabled if you start a spell check and then Cancel it.

Also I don't seem to get any spelling errors in strings underlined. Sometimes I will see the underline for a second and then it dissapears again.

(VA X 1225 VS.NET 2003)

Ady
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000