Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2004 :  08:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

in a new small and simple project I can get auto completion of method parameters working but in my real life projects it fails quite often.
A difference between the small and a real project is that also the parameter tooltip is different. The small project displays small up and down arrays for overloaded methods and between those arrays the number of overloads is displayed. In my real project the number of overloads is displayed between [] braces. So it seems as if the standard VS.NET tooltip is displayed in my real project?

Any ideas, what to do next? I clicked reparse several times - no change. When I click Rebuild symbols in the options dialog and restart VS.NET I get the parameter tooltip with up/down arrows for a short time after some editing I am back with "[x of y] ....."

No matter what tooltip type I see no way to trigger parameter list completion - I tried Ctrl-Space with no success.

Thanks for any suggestions,
SvenC

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2004 :  11:54:17 AM  Show Profile
VA X lets MS display Intellisense if it can. If or when it fails, VA X offers assistance. The gentle prodding of the IDE, or outright commandeering of Intellisense on failure, is a subtle but valuable part of VA X.

Try disabling "Use Default Intellisense..." on the "Text Editor|C/C++" node of our options dialog. The parameter info you see, [1 of N], is from VA X. (Up and Down Arrows still work with VA X parameter info.)

If we understand you correctly, you want VA X to offer a suggestion containing your parameter list. As it is, such a suggestion appears only when writing the implemention of the method. It does not appear when you reference the method.

See "Parameter Lists Get Suggested" in:
http://www.wholetomato.com/x/products/features/suggestion.html?more=yes

Is our assumption correct?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Feb 03 2004 11:55:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

SvenC
Tomato Guru

Germany
339 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2004 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention that I tried this with "Use Default Intellisense" enabled and disabled with no difference.

And yes,you are right, I want the parameter list to be completed and in my real projects I face the problem of not getting the parameter completion list while implementing a method.

So I type:
void MyClass::foo( // in some classes I do get the parameter list completion in others I don't

Do you have any suggestions what I should have a look at - might there be some parsinge problems in some of my classes? The compiler itself has no problems in handling my code.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000