1215: Access violation in VC++ 6
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baga
Tomato Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2004 :  09:03:08 AM  Show Profile
At some point all of a sudden Copy/Paste stopped working. Immediately i enabled logging in VA (log sent to support). Fortunately, i was able to save my work, because in a minute VS.6 just crashed (access violation) - something about not being able to allocate enough memory for current undo. I checked memory usage - nothing special.

I opened debugger - VA.X was present in couple of stack frames (but not the one with Access Violation). Trying to copy stacks to the email, i was entertained by the fact that Copy/Paste stopped working SYSTEM-WIDE! Even in Explorer - Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V on a file did nothing! So no stacks - sorry...

You must be doing something pretty strange (and scary). After i quit all instances of VS, Copy/Paste started working again. But i rebooted the machine anyway - just in case...

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2004 :  11:28:51 AM  Show Profile
Looks like the damage was done before turning on logging. We suspect someone(VA or VC) exception'd out while getting or setting the clipboard data and left the clipboard locked.

Do you have "Copy RTF to clipboard" enabled?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Baga
Tomato Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2004 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Yes, "Copy RTF to clipboard" was enabled. I disabled it... I suspect this is VA, because the only time i had same problem before was ~year ago with VA.6...
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2004 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile
The is a long-standing bug with copy/paste in VC++ 6.0. It was fixed some time ago in a service pack. Make sure you have the lastest services pack(s) installed for your IDE.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000