New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2004 :  12:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi;

I read all the posts at the forum but didn't find a solution to my problem:

On my laptop I have installed VC++ 6.0 and VC .NET 2003 together.
I had installed VA6 with a valid licence which worked on both platforms but had some serious restrictions using .NET 2003 IDE.
So I tried to install the latest beta of VA X. Using VC++ 6.0 IDE everything seems to work as expected but under .NET 2003 I only see the entry VA-X in the AddIns manager, the combo boxes at the top of the edit window, and I also have recognized a few changes in the appearance of the class view tree (colors, fonts). Thats all.
When I first startup the .NET IDE I got a message telling me that the IDE is not able to load the VA X component {GUID xxx} and that it will disable its automatic load.
I have no toolbar, no entries in the setting dialogs for commands and toolbars and also no additional VA X menu item.
I'm using the german version of both VC versions (VC++ 6.0 Enterprise Edt. and VC .NET 2003 Standard Edition). No VSIP installed.

I also recognized a change in the description of my tab registers in class view and file view inside the VC++ 6.0 IDE. But thats only a minor "bug".

I tried to reinstall VA X several times without success. I also deinstalled VA 6.0. And tried the installation once again.

Any ideas?

Martin

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2004 :  12:15:45 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, sue Microsoft for releasing localized IDE's onto the world?

I suppose that one of the objects fails to load, which causes the IDE to complain. Never the less the VAX should not be running at all if ANYthing fails to load properly. VAX might want to check for this before it runs.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2004 :  4:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Some of VA X is hooked into the IDE at install time, eg the VAssistX menu. Since it does not appear, something likely when awry during install.

Can you try the suggestions from Sean in the following thread?

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1346

Let us know if you get any errors.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2004 :  09:57:17 AM  Show Profile
As I mentioned in my initial post I tried all suggestions i found in the forum but with no success!
I'm really compunctious.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2004 :  11:51:49 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone else have a localized version of VS.NET?

The VA X install directory has a subdirectory named 1033. It contains English versions of the resources needed by our VSIP package. It might be that our package will not load in a localized IDE without localized resources.

We will look for more information on the topic.

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2004 :  11:56:55 AM  Show Profile
(OT, but kudos on 'compunctious', by the way - a new word to me!)

http://www.bartleby.com/62/48/C0294800.html

Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2004 :  02:07:06 AM  Show Profile
Try renaming the "Visual Assist\\1033" directory to "Visual Assist\\xxxx" where xxxx is the appropriate lcid from the following list:
3079 German (Austrian)
5127 German (Liechtenstein)
4103 German (Luxembourg)
1031 German (Standard)
2055 German (Swiss)

And then run:
regsvr32 "c:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist\\VaPkg.dll"
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Common7\\IDE\\devenv.exe" /setup
Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2004 :  03:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi;

I tried your recommendations but all attempts were to no avail.
Any other ideas?

Martin
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2004 :  11:02:41 AM  Show Profile
What is the exact text of the message you receive from the IDE when it says that it will disable automatic load of the VA X component?
Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2004 :  07:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi;

I try to translate from German:

Error loading package (message box caption)
Unable to loat package "visual assist x" ( GUID = { 44630D46-96B5-488C-8DF9-26E21DB8C1A3} ). Please contact vendor for further support. Do you prefer to stop loading...

Thats all!
I tried to click "YES" - I tried to click "NO" --> same result.

This message occures after calling "devenv /setup" which lasts for about 2 Minutes before flashing the message box.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2004 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile
The VS.NET IDE directory, eg c:\\program files\\microsoft Visual Studio.NET\\Common7\\IDE, has a subdir whose name is the localized identifier. For example, the resource dlls for the US English IDE are installed in \\1033.

What is the localized identifier in your VS.NET IDE directory?

Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2004 :  09:25:43 AM  Show Profile
The identifier is the standard German identifier: 1031

Martin
Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2004 :  04:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi;

do you have any new informations about this topic?

Martin
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  01:26:58 AM  Show Profile
I sent a couple of email messages to you using the forums 'email poster' icons - but I guess they don't work.

Please send mail to [email protected]. We would like to send you a build that produces a log of what happens during registration and Devenv setup in the hope of shedding light on this problem.
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  07:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Strange...

I am also using the German Version of Visual Studio .NET 2003 and everything works AND installs well...
Make sure:
a) Visual Assist .NET 7.1.x is installed when you try to install the VA_X Beta (might not apply to you cause you're a VA 6.0 User)
b) Make sure you use the "standard" Folder for installing. In your case, this will be "C:\\Programme\\Visual Assist X"
c) When asked if you want to let VA_X Installer reset your Menu/Toolbars, click YES!
d) Make sure you have an active and legal license for VA .NET 7.1.x (in your case, this would be a VA 6.x License)

Following that it did install on my machine flawlessly!

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Feb 18 2004 08:01:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2004 :  04:10:04 AM  Show Profile
I have valid licenses fpr VA .NET 7.1 and VA 6.0. I tried to install VA X over a vild VA 6.0 version and also over a valid VA .NET 7.1 version. I tried to install it after removing any previously installed older VA version. It's been always the same. See my first post!

Martin
Go to Top of Page

mgampi

16 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2004 :  02:45:14 AM  Show Profile
Since I'm unable to install VA-X on any of the .NET platforms I'm no longer convinced about a failure in my installation process.
I'm also waiting for the announced "special" logging installer of VA-X!
FYI: Each platform has different hard- and software configurations, the only equality is the used VC++ .NET 2003 German edt.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

guest1234

5 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2004 :  10:36:45 PM  Show Profile
I have got this error msg also.I found this thread when searching the msg by google.And I also found the solution by google. refer to http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823245
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000