Coloring bugs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ringm
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2004 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile
VA X 1216, VS.NET 2003, C++. Bugs are in no particular order.

1. "virtual void U32 (...)" { - "U" gets colored blue, as a class. It also strangely gets italic. "Go" shows the union __eventingGetAddr::U in atlevent.h. Please consider improving your parser so that it treats nested class definitions and usage correctly.

2. Similarly, a method "virtual void I32 (...)" { - does not get colored at all. A typename CxR64TypeInfo - only a part of the name is colored blue. It seems to me there are some problems with the names containing digits.

3. with "local symbols in bold", in localvar.field only "localvar" gets bold. I think that the whole phrase should be bold. Even if you think otherwise: "field" gets bold when there's a local variable with the same name. It definitely should not.

4. Something there's some really strange coloring after "." and "->", e.g. a field does not get colored grey (as a variable) if the expression is within the for clause condition.

5. the parser does not recognise variables declared within the if clause condition: if (Derived* pDerived = dynamic_cast<Derived*>(pBase)) { ... }: pDerived stays black. For symbols defined within the for clause, everything is ok.

6. with "stable symbols in italic", in std::string only "string" is italic. I think the namespace selector should be considered a part of the symbol name. Please also consider switching to another way of displaying stable symbols, because Courier New (the default font for source text)looks somewhat ugly in italic.

7. With some files, the bold local symbol/italic stable symbol/purple macro indication works correctly as soon as you switch to the file with ctrl+tab. With some other files, there's a delay of ~1sec. I could not understand what causes this difference.

8. Template arguments get colored as variables. Is this correct?

Despite of all these minor problems, VA X is a major improvement over the older versions. Keep up the good job!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000