New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  3:14:43 PM  Show Profile
Besides of all the still open things on syntax coloring, parsing, template class support, and about 50 other small details which are not yet fixed, this build has definitely some positive sides:

• the suggestion lists are more often than not right in their suggestions now

• completions are also much improved

• Alt+G, the Goto menu, is better

And I'm sure all the other testers can tell more things what they feel is good (or better) now.
Heads up LADS, you are on the right track, hard as it seems to be from time to time .

willdean
Tomato Guru

134 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2004 :  4:35:29 PM  Show Profile

I'd like to agree with this - it's looking pretty good...

Go to Top of Page

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  11:44:49 AM  Show Profile
With all the bugs and suggestions in this forum it might be hard to stay positive. I want to say that not only is 1216 looking good, but VA as a whole is a nice product and always has been. I'd give up coffee before I'd give up VA (I hope it doesn't come to that though ). Thanks for being so responsive.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  12:32:50 PM  Show Profile
Common programming wisdom is "when the project seems to consist only of bugs you are close to the release".
This is not far from the reality. All projects I've seen so far show this behaviour - short before the product is really ready, there are bugs, bugs, bugs. But most of these are either small and easily fixed, or big ones which, when fixed, solve many problems at once.
For me it seems that VA X is close to an release; Not more than 2 beta releases away.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile
Uniwares states our position correctly. We believe we are two builds away from a general release.

We will continue with beta versions after general release. We just want the general population to migrate to VA X, and get new customers using it. When compared the VA.NET 7.1 and VA 6.0, we have more features and fewer bugs in VA X. Hard to believe, eh?

If you are a developer with a nasty bug in VA X which does not appear in our older products, you might feel differently. We understand. We speak from gross numbers. Your bug is still on our list to fix.

We expect VA X keys to work in VA.NET 7.1 and VA 6.0, in case a new customer cannot run VA X for some reason. He or she might have success with an older product, at least until we resolve the problem.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000