Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  1:33:55 PM  Show Profile
(Yes, this is a joke.)

Some of the VAX icons are too red! How is anyone expected to use a plugin like this? With bugs like this it renders VC++ totally unusable! I disabled the beta, then today I found out they planned to charge money for this thing... something I can't believe they would do considering it makes writing OO code impossible. Damned communists! They're everywhere! It's getting so I can't take a bath without six or seven communists jumping in! And now my head's exploded!

There, I feel better... feel free to delete this thread.

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Feb 27 2004 2:06:30 PM

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  1:41:47 PM  Show Profile
So that's how he got 347 posts.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  2:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Geeee, Larry, are you serious? I mean, we'll get from the 1/100th to the 1/1000th if we get on like this...
VA_X has bugs, we know that, WT knows that... it's a BETA, we have yet to see a Release-Candidate...

"rendering something unuseable" is defined otherwise in my books...
VA_X IS useable, it still has some Bugs (beta!), and I still think this "unsatisfied"-Guy is a Troll...

Please tell me that this thread was just kind of a "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggggghhhhhhh!"-Thread (you know, to just let off some air, telling unsatisfied to STFU etc)!

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  2:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Um, yes, it's a joke, guys - I took most of it from unsatisfied's original post. Did you actually think I was ranting about Communists and the icons being too red?

Well, now I'm depressed...
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  2:10:15 PM  Show Profile
But, but, but... the tomatoes are really too red ...
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  3:01:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LarryLeonard

Um, yes, it's a joke, guys - I took most of it from unsatisfied's original post. Did you actually think I was ranting about Communists and the icons being too red?

Well, now I'm depressed...

I thought so... no need to feel depressed, Larry...
We're with you, all the time...

But the VA-View Tomato-Icon really hurt's in the eye...

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  4:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Ha! Okay, I dare one of y'all to open a new topic that says, "VAX 1216 - Icons Still Too Red"!

Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I can't help but notice... they are a little bright...

Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  5:01:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LarryLeonard

Ha! Okay, I dare one of y'all to open a new topic that says, "VAX 1216 - Icons Still Too Red"!

Just to keep my post rate above 1.35 I'd might do just that...
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  5:17:59 PM  Show Profile
On another topic, did you see the post from the aptly-named "smeg101"? Is there something in the water today that's making the noobs extra-rude? I mean, come on, give the guys a chance to fix the fscking problem before you unload on them. Thank Codd it's Friday...
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  5:23:29 PM  Show Profile
Thought the very same. But I suppose that is what you pay for having a "public" beta forum.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2004 :  7:14:57 PM  Show Profile
You guys should see the email we get. No, wait. You might really want to see it if our offer was serious.

Before we added Armadillo to tighten keys, 40% of the support email the came with "About info" came with bootleg keys. Talk about depressing. A couple of rude noobs every now and then is nothing.

The color palette available for icons in the IDE contains two reds: dark and bright. We opted to use bright for a change. We have been looking at dark red for years. Besides, the tiny bit of obnoxiousness will make your coworkers ask what is wrong with your IDE.

Build 1217 is due this weekend.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

mdemirha

19 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2004 :  01:08:06 AM  Show Profile
Don't tell me that you are using Armadillo to protect VAX. That may be the reason that it is slow

Best wishes,\rMustafa Demirhan

Edited by - mdemirha on Feb 28 2004 01:11:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

mdemirha

19 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2004 :  01:10:26 AM  Show Profile
By the way, I still love VAX. I dont care about the speed at all. It is fine on my current machibe and I am sure that it will be fine on my new machine that I will get next week - 2 Pentium 4-3.2 GHZ processors and plenty of RAM. What else can a developper wish

Go to Top of Page

gstelmack
Ketchup Master

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  08:48:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by support

Before we added Armadillo to tighten keys, 40% of the support email the came with "About info" came with bootleg keys. Talk about depressing. A couple of rude noobs every now and then is nothing.

Pirates contacting you for support is one of the worst things in the software development industry. It's bad enough that they use your product for free, but when they start taking up support time they are actually COSTING you money. And they don't seem to get that...

-- Greg Stelmack, Red Storm Entertainment
Go to Top of Page

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  12:25:46 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by support

What....hey can I use the words "ass" or "holes" here? Do you guys have a form mail for thanks for pirating our software and reporting yourself? An indication we need any easy way to bring these guys to justice especially when they are dumb enough to implicate themselves. Considering the industry we are in...
Go to Top of Page

mdemirha

19 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2004 :  01:50:42 AM  Show Profile
quote:
What....hey can I use the words "ass" or "holes" here? Do you guys have a form mail for thanks for pirating our software and reporting yourself? An indication we need any easy way to bring these guys to justice especially when they are dumb enough to implicate themselves. Considering the industry we are in...

Well, this is not easy for shareware authors. Lawyers cost much more than these guys cost

Once, a guy who were unable to find a crack for my software sent me an e-mail and told me that he sent my program to some sort of cracking community and he also attached the crack they they created. Well, it was working and the guys had no fear at all. Plus he was proud to do that.
Well, even if you use the cracked software dumba**, at least have a little respect for the authors of the program who spent countless hours infront of the computer.

I think as shareware authors, we had nothing to do - except use some strong algorithms/methods and make is as hard as it can for those guys to crack it.

PS: I used PELock to protect second version of my program, and so far I have no cracks (it has been more than 7 months). The first version was cracked within 2-3 months

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000