New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  12:59:55 PM  Show Profile
I can't get the VAX toolbar to appear when I right click on my custom toolbar and check the "VAX" item. But, if I click "Customize", and then check the VAX toolbar entry in the listbox on the "Toolbars" tab", the VAX toolbar *does* appear. Maybe my environment is whacked?

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Mar 01 2004 2:25:37 PM

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  2:16:31 PM  Show Profile
If your "VAX" toolbar exists from prior to VA X build 1218, you should delete your toolbar using Tools|Customize|Toolbars and create a new one.

Applies to VC++ 6.0 users only.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  2:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I already deleted and re-created the toolbar, but I decided to do it again.

First, I deleted the VAX toolbar using the "Delete" button on the "Toolbars" tab of the "Customize" IDE.

Then, I tried to use the "Reset" button on VAX's "Performance" tab. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything, even after restarting the IDE.

So next, I tried to remove the Add-In, which worked okay, except that the instant I tried to re-add the AddIn, the IDE did one of those wonderful Microsoft-special "silent" crashes: the IDE just vanished without a word, which I remember you guys saying that was how the IDE deals with crashes or something like that.

Next, I restarted the IDE, and re-added the Add-In, and this time it worked. Now I have the toolbar. (Since this is not my first day using the IDE, I immediately exit and restart the IDE so that my changes actually get saved.) And that seems to have fixed it.

Oh, I think I know what I did wrong: maybe I should have deleted the VAX toolbar twice. Never mind...
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  5:07:25 PM  Show Profile
The "Reset" button on our Performance tab works only in VS.NET. The tooltip for the button alludes to the fact. One day, we will disable the button for VC++ 6.0 users.

Crashing after the unload/load of many add-ins is common. Avoid the practice if possible. The ensuing instability is the reason we implemented an enable/disable command.

If necessary in the future, unload and restart. Load and restart again.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000