New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2004 :  6:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Names such as SOFTWARE_MAJOR_VERSION appear to be colored wrongly. Seems to occur whether it's an enum, or a #define:

eg.

enum PortA {
A_HV_EN = 0x80,
A_DGMUX_EN = 0x40,
};

Here's an example pic:
http://home.earthlink.net/~simoncooke/va1218.png

I've tried rebuilding all symbols, and clearing the cache; neither helped.

Also, note the half-colored lines at the bottom. This was caused by fast scrolling, and may be a GDI sync problem, or update rect. problem.

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  4:45:06 PM  Show Profile
This is still a problem in 1220. Just FYI.
Go to Top of Page

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  5:53:46 PM  Show Profile
Still here in 1221 too ;-)
Go to Top of Page

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2004 :  02:07:17 AM  Show Profile
Bumping this up again - still present in build 1223 - alleviated, but syntax coloring where underscores are involved is still screwed up.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2004 :  08:18:00 AM  Show Profile
We were able to reproduce this in 1221 if bold was enabled for operators(fixed in 1223). Is there anything unique about your setup, besides black backgrounds? Does "Use Defaults" fix the problem? Localized version of VS.NET?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2004 :  4:37:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by support

We were able to reproduce this in 1221 if bold was enabled for operators(fixed in 1223). Is there anything unique about your setup, besides black backgrounds? Does "Use Defaults" fix the problem? Localized version of VS.NET?

Running VS.NET 2k3 Enterprise Edition, default American English install. Font is Andale Mono 12px. Nothing else is special about it, other than the black backgrounds.

Problem still exists with Text color set to Automatic and VA's color settings set to "Use Defaults".

Is there anything I can send you to help figure this out?

Also, there are still repaint bugs when scrolling in this build.
Go to Top of Page

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2004 :  2:11:35 PM  Show Profile
By the way, I've been doing some experimenting. It would appear that there's some kind of race condition on the paint logic in Visual Assist, which means that some of the time, VS.NET is being painted over, and some times VS.NET paints its text over the top of Visual Assist.

It could be a difference between the way that VAX paints in the current version, and the way it did in the old (VA.NET) version - at least, that's where I'd start looking.

One thing to try might be doing a call to GdiFlush before painting the VA.X version of the logic on the screen.

(The other thing that seems to point to a problem here is the fact that scrolling the display sometimes leaves half-lines of text painted by VS.NET, instead of by VA.X)

I can also try updating the nVidia drivers on my Tablet and see if it's a bug they've introduced there.

Thanks,
Simon
Go to Top of Page

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2004 :  2:33:41 PM  Show Profile
OK; I tried the new nVidia drivers (release April 1 2004) - no difference.

Underscores and numbers appear to be the big trigger for the problem. I don't know if that helps narrow it down; but if symbols contain underscores or numbers they'll appear using the VS.NET 2k3 colorscheme, with the number/underscore section being in the VA.X colorscheme.

Eg:

THIS_ISA_SYMBOL

_ISA_ is colored by VA.X
THIS and SYMBOL are colored by VS.NET 2k3.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000