New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2004 :  4:27:37 PM  Show Profile
In the good old days, VC6 noticed that a file was missing, and put a "X" next to it in the Workspace Window. The .NET 2002 IDE, as usual, is a step backwards - there's no indication that the file is missing.

It would be nice if the OFW window could somehow mark missing files so that we'd have some way of seeing them.

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2004 :  5:14:49 PM  Show Profile
FYI the solution explorer in VS .NET 2003 has a icon over the file indicating that it is missing. The OFW doesn't seem to indicate that the file is missing *except* that the modified date is 1969.

Edited by - kschaab on Mar 04 2004 5:15:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2004 :  5:19:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:
FYI the solution explorer in VS .NET 2003 has a icon over the file indicating that it is missing.
.NET 2003.... Wow, that must be nice. I'm stuck with 2002 for the foreseeable future. Well, from what you say, at least it sounds like maybe they've fixed some of the bugs in it... hope for the future.
quote:
The OFW doesn't seem to indicate that the file is missing *except* that the modified date is 1969.
That isn't always true - or at least, it seems not to be always true, but maybe my VAX database is hosed? (And I would argue that not converting a time value from zero to something nice like "Does not exist" instead of the 1969 base-date looks sloppy. Probably something they'll address after the release.)

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Mar 04 2004 5:32:19 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000