Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 syntax highlighting on wizard bar in 1220?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2004 :  08:21:42 AM  Show Profile
VS .NET 2003 with VAX 1220

the text in the VAX navigation bar / wizard bar is no longer coloured in. it was definitely coloured earlier today, using VAX 1219

this is turned on in VAX options - i have all six options under "apply coloring to" turned on. i turned off wizard bar and then turned it on again, which didn't help.

i have also closed and reopened VS, which made no difference.

the members list, alt_m, is syntax highlighted.

i think i will roll back to 1219, since most of the bug fixes in 1220 dont seem to effect me, while this does.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2004 :  12:32:41 PM  Show Profile
i have now installed 1221 over the top of 1219, and i am getting syntax highlighting on the Context half of the wizard bar, but not on the Definition half

after installing 1221 my settings had changed to only apply coloring to "Source Windows", the other 5 were all turned off.

i presume this is because i have an off white background colour. this is set to RGB 213,255,254 (D5,FF,FE in hex) which is a nice pale blue. this is set in display properties and is a global setting. i find it more restful than the while background.

"Local Symbols in Bold" was also turned off, which does not make much sense. i definetly had this turned on, and i dont see how my background colour would be relivent to this.

i am sure i told the installer not to update or reset any of my settings.

all right, after a couple of test edits, and a couple of undo's both sides of the VAX wizard bar are now syntax highlighted

i would have expected this to take effect sooner than it did, but it is there now, so i am happy

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  09:41:03 AM  Show Profile
In 1223 / .NET 2003, I just realized that syntax coloring in the Wizard Bar doesn't work, and I've Reuild'd, Clear'd, and re-started... Good grief!

[Post hoc] While playing around with system colors, I noticed that this bug magically fixes itself if I choose the Windows Classic theme. It just doesn't like my Theme...

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Mar 30 2004 09:59:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2004 :  10:43:51 PM  Show Profile
By "Wizard Bar" in VS.NET, do you refer to the Navigation bar of the IDE or the Context and Definition fields of VA X?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  07:04:31 AM  Show Profile
when i had this problem it was with the Context and Definition fields of VA X

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  10:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Okay, guys, I've had a very lousy morning, but why is the term "Wizard Bar" confusing?? More to the point, how can the term "Wizard Bar" be confusing?? I'm talking about the thing that the "Visual Assist X Options" dialog, "Fonts and Colors" tab, has a checkbox called "Wizard Bar" for.

quote:
By "Wizard Bar" in VS.NET, do you refer to the Navigation bar of the IDE or the Context and Definition fields of VA X?
Yeah, see? The very fact that you even have to ask this question should tell you that you have a nomenclature problem; well, let's try to untangle this mess.

When I hover over the afore-mentioned "Wizard Bar" checkbox, the tooltip says, "Apply enhanced syntax coloring to the Navigation or Wizard Bar." Sigh; someone decided to save a few keystokes on an explanation, thus totally befuddling us. This tooltip means one of two things:

1). The "Navigation Bar" that the tooltip refers to is just another name for the VAX "Wizard Bar". But that would be silly, because the IDE already has something called the "Navigation Bar". But feline's first post indicates that this is how he or she understands it, so who knows?

2). The "Navigation Bar" that the tooltip refers to is the IDE's. But that can't be right, because checking it (even with the "Windows Classic" Theme loaded, not my apparently unsupported Theme) has no effect on that bar.

So which is it: are we unadvisedly also calling the "Wizard Bar" the "Navigation Bar"; or is this a syntax coloring bug? Or maybe the tooltip is just wrong to mention the "Navigation Bar" at all?

In any event, that tooltip needs to be rewritten.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2004 :  11:10:58 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LarryLeonard
But feline's first post indicates that this is how he or she understands it, so who knows?

when i made the first post i knew i was talking about the bar produced by VAX, but i am still not sure how best to describe it so that everyone knows what i am talking about *shrug*

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000