Technical Support
 change tooltip color?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

makeshiftwings

8 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  5:13:57 PM  Show Profile
Is there a way, in either VAX or just in Visual Studio, to change the color of the tooltip background to something other than light yellow? The reason I ask is that I use sort of a "negative" color scheme in Visual Studio, with the background black and all the normal colors and VA extended syntax colors various light colors. I'd like to enable "syntax coloring on tooltips" but my light colors are mostly unreadable on the yellow background.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2004 :  7:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Assuming you have XP, try Display Properties|Appearance|Advanced|Item=Tooltip

If it does not work, you should apply coloring only to Source Windows. See the paragraph on "Dark Backgrounds" at:

http://www.wholetomato.com/x/products/features/color.html?more=yes

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Mar 18 2004 7:13:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2004 :  09:40:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
I'd like to enable "syntax coloring on tooltips" but my light colors are mostly unreadable on the yellow background.
quote:
Assuming you have XP, try "Display Properties | Appearance | Advanced | Item = Tooltip"
Aha! I just changed my WinXP Tooltip to be White text on a dark gray [RGB(64,64,64)] background, and now I can use VAX's "syntax coloring on tooltips" on my black background setup! (WT needs to add this tip to their web page at http://www.wholetomato.com/x/products/features/color.html?more=yes.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000