New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  12:20:28 PM  Show Profile
I use VS to edit my applications' log files, because they can get pretty large (10's of Megs). In one such log file, I have a line like this (I've garbled it for posting, but the garbled version fails the same way):

200h/03/16 16:28:h0.582 1252 @z izicvmmvn\\mdddnzqwt.cii( 101): <qwiwCT /*+ Rkiw */ irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_mzqtwr_qwq im_imqwq, irvdkct_mzqtwr.irxnt_zitwrnztw_fizg im_izfizg, irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_nkmbwr im_irvdnkm, irvdkct_mzqtwr.qtztkq im_qtztkq, irvdkct_mzqtwr.qhvrt_dwqcrxitxvn im_qdwqc, irvdkct_ixnw_grvkixng_h0h.cztwgvrd iigh0h_czt, irvdkct_ixnw_grvkixng_h0h.irvdkct_grvki iigh0h_irvdgri, irvdkct_ixnw_grvkixng_h0h.qkbgrvki iigh0h_qkbgri, f_gwt_mfr_cvqt(irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_mzqtwr_qwq) mfr_cvqt, f_gwt_ixqt_irxcw(irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_mzqtwr_qwq) ixqt_irxcw, irvdkct_zixzq.zixzq_nkmbwr iz_zixzqnkm FRvM irvdkct_mzqtwr, irvdkct_ixnw_grvkixng_h0h, irvdkct_zixzq WHwRw irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_ixnw = irvdkct_ixnw_grvkixng_h0h.irvdkct_ixnw zND irvdkct_ixnw_grvkixng_h0h.qziwq_vrg = '023' zND irvdkct_zixzq.irvdkct_mzqtwr_qwq(+) = irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_mzqtwr_qwq zND irvdkct_zixzq.dxqtrxbktvr_brznch_qwq xq Nkii zND irvdkct_zixzq.qvkrcw(+) xq NvT Nkii znd (kiiwR(irvdkct_zixzq.zixzq_nkmbwr) ixKw '880h8%' vR kiiwR(irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_nkmbwr) ixKw '880h8%') vRDwR Bd irvdkct_mzqtwr.irvdkct_nkmbwr>

When I place the caret anywhere on that line, and hit the 'End' button to go to the End Of Line, it briefly flashes at the EOL, and then seems to back up several screen widths, and places the caret at the beginning of the next line. This means that to see the end of the line, I have to disable VAX.

When I disable VAX, it works properly. It fails whether "Display Indicator at Column [80]" is checked or not checked.

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  4:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Hmm... I have just assumed that I have your permission to "hijack" your long line, put it into one of my projects (it's really just ONE long line, right? No Carriage-Returns in it, right?) and test it with the "End"-Key.

Works as expected here, the Caret jumps to the end of the line.
I have tested this in a *.cpp-File, at the very end of the file (last line).

Any more infos on that, Larry? I'd like to confirm your bug, but it just doesn't show up here...

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Mar 25 2004 4:05:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  4:17:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, guess what? I tried it again after my recent re-boot, and now it works just fine... ah, well, thanks for trying anyway...

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  4:23:00 PM  Show Profile
We cannot reproduce either. We tried on a modified file, ie creating the long line inside VS.NET, and with a non-modified file, ie reading a txt created externally. End works as we expect.

What extension does your file have?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2004 :  4:28:39 PM  Show Profile
TXT (or it might have been LOG - definitely one of the two...)

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Mar 25 2004 4:29:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000