New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2004 :  12:04:31 PM  Show Profile
That one really drives me nuts and makes me want to turn off the suggestions (or using the tab key):
Whenevery I type a typename like DWORD or int or whatever and press tab (yes, I format my code while typing), I end up with some suggestion inserted. Usually it is the name of another already existing variable of the same type or something similar. However, it always requires me to delete the suggestion (or undo) and type what I want to type.
Either turning off the suggestions here or removing tab completion would be an (existing) solution, neither is acceptable.

gstelmack
Ketchup Master

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2004 :  12:20:47 PM  Show Profile
I run into this periodically as well, although it would not be as bad if I weren't having problems getting some of our library headers to show up in VAX. For example, we have a type named "UInt32", but it doesn't show in VAX's list (I'm working on figuring this out for a separate report), so when I type "UInt32<tab>" it gets replaced with "UInt32x64" which is a Windows/DirectX/Xbox function somewhere. I'm not sure how to make this work the way I want it to while still letting me partially type what I want and hit "Tab".

-- Greg Stelmack, Red Storm Entertainment
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2004 :  12:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Probably by adding your types to the infamous stdafx.h in the VAX installation folders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000