Beta 1223 expired?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phyman

9 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2004 :  11:36:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm running the beta 1223 on MS Dev .NET 2003, and it's telling me itG??s expired. Am I missing something? Or have I run it already for 30 days and haven't noticed? (I don't think it's been that long) If indeed it is not a bug, are there any special packages for private beta test participants? My VA 6 seems to be working fine, but I was under the impression that VAX was going to be an all-in-one product for both MSVS 6 and .NET, is this no longer the case?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Paul

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2004 :  11:49:13 AM  Show Profile
I think the 30 day clock starts from the day you installed your first version of VAX (not just from 1223); is 1223 the first version you've installed? (For example, it's been exactly 30 days since 1219.)

I think I can say with assurance that VAX is still going to be an all-in-one product. When you say, "My VA 6 seems to be working fine", did you mean Visual Assist 6, or Visual C++ 6? I wouldn't be surprised if VA6 didn't care about the VAX 30-day policy, but I would be surprised if VAX under VC6 didn't care.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2004 :  11:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Build 1223 did not reset your 30-day trial. You have probably been running build 1222 and after for 30 days.

We have no special package for private beta participants. Most are existing VA.NET 7.1 and VA 6.0 customers who get to run VA X in their existing IDEs for free. This policy applies to everyone.

http://www.wholetomato.com/purchase/upgrade.html

VA X is an all-in-one product for new customers, ie those who pay $99. If you have a license for VC 6.0 and want to run VA X in VS.NET, you need to buy a $49 upgrade. Then you have an all-in-one license.

If you really want to run in trial mode for another 30-days before deciding VA X is worth the upgrade, send us an email and we can extend your trial.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000