| |- CPP
|- ProjB
| |- Projects
| | |- Win
| | |- Mac
| |- Sources
| |- H
| |- CPP

- I have header /ProjA/Sources/H/ProjA.h open and the current working directory (the one VC6 uses for File|Open) points to /ProjA/Sources/CPP.
- I choose Open Corresponding .cpp or .h (Alt-O) and VA happily opens /ProjA/Sources/CPP/ProjA.cpp.
- Now I go and open any file NOT in /ProjA/Sources/CPP, activate /ProjA/Sources/H/ProjA.h view again, choose Open Corresponding .cpp or .h (Alt-O), and VA prompts me to open the cpp file myself.
- I go back and open ANY OTHER cpp file in /ProjA/Sources/CPP, activate /ProjA/Sources/H/ProjA.h view again, choose Open Corresponding .cpp or .h (Alt-O), and now VA knows how to open /ProjA/Sources/CPP/ProjA.cpp again.

The first version I can remember having this problem is VA6 build 1106. I have tried every new build since then and the problem persists. I use VC6 and the only other plug-in is WndTabs.

Thanks for a reply.
Frustrated VA evangelist.

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  4:10:47 PM  Show Profile
I know this is an odd question... but why are your headers and CPPs in separate folders?

I'd have thought that for Open Opposite to work, you'd need the header and the CPP in the same folder, and both with the same name, but different extensions.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2004 :  02:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Because the headers are the public interface to the library projects. I have had this same configuration in the past and VA worked OK. Besides, my colleages working on the same workspace don't have this problem on their computers. This is embarrassing since I am the one who introduced VA to the company.
Go to Top of Page

spectecjr
Ketchup Master

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2004 :  03:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Ahhh... ok. Typically, I'd personally handle the project in a different way; the libs and header would be copied as a post-build step to the final library folder. But that's just personal preference, I guess :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000