Technical Support
 1228 doesn't show all methods
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nalenb

48 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Just upgraded from 1225 to 1228. The intellisense popup doesn't seem to list all the methods/variables. I thought that it did before this upgrade.

The shot on the left is using the default intellisense, VAX 1228 intellisense on the right.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  6:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Can you try build 1229? We believe it has a fix. Let us know.

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads

Not you are sorting non-inherited members to the top of your list in VA X listboxes. In your example, you find inherited Show* members later.

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Apr 14 2004 6:28:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

nalenb

48 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  9:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Nope, no change. I even uninstalled VAX and reinstalled it. I'm using VS.NET 2003. BTW, I get the box on the left when I first go into VS.NET even though the option to use the default intellisense is unchecked. If I check the box and then uncheck it and hit okay to get out of the config dialog, I get the box on the right.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about non-inherited members. I don't have that option checked either. Actually checking or unchecking it seems to produce no change in the box, it always looks like the one on the right. I would have expected it to move all the bold members to the top of the box. It always seems to be sorted alphabetically for me. Perhaps there's some other option in the IDE I need to be changing?
Go to Top of Page

nalenb

48 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  9:38:13 PM  Show Profile
BTW, Just to be clear, the ShowWindow method (and others) appear nowhere in the list box. I scrolled up and down. They aren't listed anywhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000