Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problem with paste multiple menu behavior.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

troppoli

8 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2004 :  5:58:31 PM  Show Profile
In copy and paste multiple, ithe mouse is positioned within the area that the paste multiple menu pops to, then the selection in the menu is changed as if you clicked with the mouse.

It's killing me.

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2004 :  02:44:33 AM  Show Profile
I can't reproduce this using VAX 1231 on .NET 2003. Which build and IDE are you using? How are you getting to "copy and paste multiple"? Shift-right mouse click? Ctrl-Shift-V? Shift-context-menu-button? What are the exact steps to reproduce? Can you send a screenshot to [email protected], or post one here (if you have a website)?
Go to Top of Page

troppoli

8 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  10:33:42 AM  Show Profile
1. copy a bunch of different stuff
2. move the insertion point to where you want to paste.
3. move the mouse where the menu will pop over (or if you have a lot of items in the clip ring and you are pasting a buch of times near by it might just be there...)
4. ctrl shift v

result: The item that the mouse is over is selected. This is really annoying because you can't paste in order.

expected result: The mouse location would be ignored until a mouse move after the menu is up.

-Steve

VA_X.dll file version 10.0.1233.0
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.0.0.44
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2800.1106
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
Single processor
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  10:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Ah, now I see. Yup, whatever menu item happens to get painted where the cursor is gets the selected state; it would definitely be better if the second one were always highlighted instead.
quote:
This is really annoying because you can't paste in order.
I don't get this... what prevents you from using the arrow keys, or the mouse, to highlight the menu item you want, and insert it?
Go to Top of Page

troppoli

8 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2004 :  11:22:37 AM  Show Profile
So you make a new enum

enum EFoo
{
eItemOne,
eItemTwo,
eItemThree,
eItemFour
};

You, like me, are a keyboard centric user ;), so you ctrl shft back arrow while typing in the items and copy them as you go. Gathering them up in order... reverse order, but that's ok.

Next you make a switch statement, using the VA macro. You paste the first one in, then move to the next location hit ctr shift paste return for the second one. Next location ctr shift v down arrow return. Next location ctr shift v down arrow, down arrow return.

The mouse thing looses track of where you are in order, and with the way things get moved around in that menu you have to keep on your toes.

That contortion lets you paste in order. If you really want to make me happy, make copy push to the top of the menu, but don't re-order the items, it's never what I want. Just keep track of the last thing I pasted, and hilight that in the menu. Changing the order does nothing for me.

On a side note, VA saves me tons of time and effort, keep up the good work!
-Steve

Edited by - troppoli on Apr 30 2004 1:36:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000