New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  04:53:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

I've just created a new (small) project. It uses a forced include to include a header that defines our basic types (eg: typedef unsigned int u32;).. but it's like it's not processed my forced include - types are unrecognised (actually, they're miscoloured in the way I've described on these forums before.. - like 'u32' - just to make things more awkward).

I've tried looking at the logs from VAX, but there's no reference to any of the types in my forced include there.. and no reference to my forced include filename.

If I manually include my forced include file, everything gets coloured correctly. If it helps any, I actually have an include directory set to '..\\..\\..\\Include', and my forced include name uses this include search path. If you're interpreting the forced include name, I trust you're taking into account the include path in the project when looking for it during parsing..?

For what it's worth I've tried with 1236, and it still fails.. but I swear this used to work perfectly well.

Hope you can help,

Dean

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  09:39:47 AM  Show Profile
How do you specifiy a "forced include?"

As for the u32 coloring, is it still a problem in 1237?

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1237.exe

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Dean Ashton
Ketchup Master

60 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  10:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Forced include is specified in the 'Configuration Properties', 'C/C++', 'Advanced', 'Force Includes' property item. This invokes the compiler with the '/FI' option.

As it happens, in my other projects, I have an *additional* project in my solution that contains the forcibly included file - which is probably why I've never seen this before. I don't (and can't) have this kind of workaround in my current project though.

Colouring is still broken for me in 1237 - but I'd seen your post stating it would be fixed in 1238, so it wasn't a surprise that it was broken this time..

:)

Dean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000