New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 21 2004 :  7:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Once a symbol is known to VAX, it keeps showing up until you restart the IDE.

To repro, just add to any .cpp "class dummykeepshowing { };", reparse, and then delete this line. Open the SiW and type "dummyk".

If you have more complex classes and remove them from the project, this is really annoying to still have them around like some haunted ghosts.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 24 2004 :  08:10:23 AM  Show Profile
i cannot reproduce this, since i cannot get dummykeepshowing to turn up in the SiW list at all

in one of my cpp files i have added:
class dummykeepshowing
{
	dummykeepshowing();
	~dummykeepshowing();
};

and i have pressed the "reparse current file" at last 5 times. i started with the shorter class version, but when that didn't work i tried this instead.

i had to add this class to a .h before it would show up in SiW.

ah, now that it finally entered the SiW list, deleting the class and pressing the "reparse current file" does not remove the class from the SiW list.

how come VAX found the class in one of your cpp files, but seemed totally unable to find it in one of mine? i did this in my main windows project, and used an existing .cpp and .h file that VAX already knew about.

i am using C++ and i presume you are to. does C# use cpp as a file extension? i am just wondering what the different might be.

VAX 1237 and VS .NET 2003

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - May 24 2004 :  10:28:19 AM  Show Profile
strange indeed, now that you mention it. Given that it was me who reported that symbols which are defined in .cpp files are missing from the SiW, this one should have caught my attention. Anyway, I'm seeing this in VC6, using C++. Weird stuff.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000