New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2004 :  7:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Uhm, yes, I'm asking for more coloring, not exactly "syntax" coloring: I'm talking about coloring the output of the compiler and linker (and the other standard tools).

I find it extremly annoying to wade through all these warnings coming from the stl and whatnot, to find errors or even messages inbetween.

Wouldnt it be really nice to be able to see errors in red, warnings in blue, messages in - say green?
Also, real syntax coloring of code related errors? Where the compiler quotes some code fragments? (I know that is asking a lot.)

Maybe, even allow different colors for different errors, warnings, etc? I mean they all have numbers to identify them. Then I could let C4786 in default grey, but C4244 in red because its important to me.

Cezariusz
Tomato Guru

Poland
244 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Very interesting suggestion, especially distignuishing errors, warnings and messages should be useful.
IFAIR VA X has a list of windows to exclude from coloring (Uniwares, you are probably the prime contributor to that list ), so maybe for the begining WT could remove the output window from the list, to see what happens

Cezariusz Marek
https://midicat.net/
Go to Top of Page

rblondeau
Tomato Guru

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  1:41:04 PM  Show Profile
I agree. Having Errors in red and warnings in blue or green would go a long way towards identifying real problems faster. With the STL displaying those cryptic-incredibly-long messages all the time it is sometimes very difficult to quickly identify where the errors are. This is even more of a problem when you have co-workers who do nothing to eliminate all the waring messages in their projects. Oh, well, what can you do.
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  2:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Well, I had that problem in my team, so I set all warnings to be errors. That soon got rid of them!

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

diarrhio
Ketchup Master

53 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  2:39:23 PM  Show Profile
I second this motion.

Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2004 :  2:44:11 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen

Well, I had that problem in my team, so I set all warnings to be errors. That soon got rid of them!

I had the same problem, but went the #pragma warning (disable : 4XXX) route!

Kidding, kidding!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000