Technical Support
 How to disable in VS .net
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GJerman

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  10:04:14 AM  Show Profile
I have a VA6 licence which I have been using with VAX. I'm happy with VAX under Visual Studio 6 and all is well. My VA6 licence only entitles me to a trial for VAX under Visual Studio 2003 .net. This trial has now expired so VAX is now disabled under VS .net. However, VAX insists on making its presence felt in VS .net e.g. the splash screen, the VAssistX menu, toolbar and view. On a number of occasions I have removed the toolbar, menu and view but they keep coming back. I have turned off in the Add-ins manager. How can I remove all traces of VAX from VS .net and prevent it from happening again when I install future versions of VAX?

Many thanks.

Gavin

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  02:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Open a console window and change directory to your VA X installation directory.

Run "regsvr32 -u vapkg.dll"

Run "devenv.exe /setup" (if VS.net is not in your path you will need to cd to VSNET\\Common7\\IDE)

Note that running "devenv /setup" will reset your VS.NET environment (you might be able to get by without running it - but the splash screen will continue to show VA X).
Go to Top of Page

GJerman

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  03:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks - it worked a treat.

Running "regsvr32 -u vapkg.dll" removed VAX from VS.net and running "devenv.exe /setup" removed the tomato from the splash screen.

Gavin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000