New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  7:56:40 PM  Show Profile
Your intention is good, but the implementation is unwilling.

What I currently see is that Ctrl+Space in most cases just does not show up anything (looks like it even does not DO anything).
But WHEN it does something, it is not what I would expect.

e.g.: I have a pointer called pData (dont comment on the witty variable name) which points to a class with lots of member functions.
I type "pData." which gets converted to "pData->" and the suggestion list pops up showing me one member, which is not the one I want, so I press Ctrl+Space...

ok, now I have this unwanted member function inserted, a tooltip for this function poping up AND the completion list shows up, half covered by the tooltip.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2004 :  08:26:03 AM  Show Profile
i am getting the same thing, but only occasionally. so far i cannot find a pattern, and this is not going wrong reliably on demand.

now and then ctrl_space will insert the wrong function, instead of giving me a list. on one occasion it inserted what looked like a #define or enum that has nothing to do with my class.

i am not getting the left over tooltip though.

plus, i have just tried this 20 times in a row, and ctrl_space worked correctly every time. but this is the same test line of code that goes wrong sometimes. *doh*

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2004 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile
I have found that pressing Ctrl-Space at a *completion* list inserts the first selection. It should probably do nothing, in case one is not being fully attentive as to which sort of list is present.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000