Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA X 1246: Persistent "Default Intellisense"?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2004 :  03:29:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

Some day's ago, VA X didn't gave me the info I wish it would gave me, so I turned on the "Default Intellisense" option and restarted VS.Net (2002). Then I got the default intellisense (not that this gave me the info I needed). After working for a while, I turned it off again, but since I was using two instances of VS.Net, it must have been overwritten by the other instance (when quiting both instances).

The day thereafter, I was also using more instances of VS.Net, then I quited all instances except one. I turned off the default intellisence again (it was still on). Quited this instance and restarted VS.Net. I noticed that the default intellisense was used instead of the VA X intelligence. Although the option was off. The next day the same thing (Default intellisense instead of VA X, but the option was off).
Then I clicked the "Rebuild database" option, restarted VS.Net and every this was ok.
Did someone else noticed this behaviour also?

Another thing: When I now press CTRL+SPACE, the suggestions of the default intellisense keep appearing. Is this by design or should the VA X intelligence kick in here?

Can someone please provide some information about this?
Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2004 :  12:01:06 PM  Show Profile
when pressing ctrl_space i am getting the VAX list boxes. i have never turn "prefer default intelisense" on though, and it is definetly off at the moment (i have just checked).

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2004 :  7:03:16 PM  Show Profile
"Prefer" implies "not all."

If you type CWnd:: you always get default Intellisense.

Intellisense in non-C/C++ languages is typically from default Intellisense, regardless of setting.

See if the anomoly occurs for all listboxes, or only in specific places. If the latter, give us an example.
Go to Top of Page

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2004 :  02:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I didn't try to reproduce. I (virtually) always saw the default intellisens (with the non-tomato icons left of them). I can't think of listboxes I saw then (before I manually asked for a rebuild), that weren't default intellisense.

Feline, you say that when you press CTRL-SPACE, you'll see VA X listboxes. I still don't, always when I press CTRL-SPACE I'll get the default intellisence listboxes (without the tomatoes).
(The listboxes without the tomatoes are the default intellisense listboxes, aren't they?)
The suggestion listboxes are from VA X.

Support, do you recommend a specific procedure that bring the VA X intelligence back to me?

Thank you both for your efforts.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2004 :  07:49:49 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by patluja

(The listboxes without the tomatoes are the default intellisense listboxes, aren't they?)

ah, confusion :)

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/members.html?more=yes
and
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/suggestion.html?more=yes

are worth a read.

suggestion listboxes are from VAX, these have tomato icons. they only list a few items, not always class members.

completion and member listboxes may be from VAX, or from the IDE. even when these are from VAX, they do not have tomato icons.

i believe the best way to tell if a list box is from VAX is to look at the comments next to the listbox. if it is useful, things like the full function prototype and function comment with syntax highlighting then this is a VAX listbox.

as far as i know there is no key press to make a suggestion listbox appear. they either appear or don't appear all on their own.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2004 :  07:51:54 AM  Show Profile
when feeling confused, http://www.wholetomato.com/support/glossary.html is worth a look

i still have to look these things up to double check when posting myself. sometimes it is hard to know what is VAX and what is the IDE. just goes to show how well VAX is integrated into the IDE

Go to Top of Page

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2004 :  05:30:34 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I screwed up, I admit it.

Thank you feline for clarifying the confusion I made.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000