namespace qualified names get concatenated
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keithb

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2004 :  2:25:51 PM  Show Profile
I've been meaning to try to devise a small test case that reproduces the problem, but I haven't had the time.

Some background:
I use multiple C++ workspaces that have some inter-dependencies (generic libraries in different workspaces from those that use them). Some projects define namespaces in which all of their defined classes live.

The issue:
when I try to enter the fully-qualified name of these objects, VA wants to concatenate the namespace name and the object name into one identifier. Note that if I don't use the leading scope qualifier operator, it works. (But I always use it.)

With the leading "::"

Without:

I've tried rebuilding my symbol database in case it was a remnant from an older build, but the problem keeps resurfacing.

Thanks.

-keithb

VA_X.dll file version 10.0.1244.0
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.0.0.44
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Font: ProFontWindows 9(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2800.1106
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
2 processors

-keithb

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2004 :  12:23:06 AM  Show Profile
The first listbox is from the IDE. It's whacked. (The method of highlighting and scrollbar tells us the listbox is from the IDE.)

For a reason we'll avoid at the moment, VA X lets the IDE generate a listbox when :: is typed. This happens whether or not "prefer default Intellisense" is enabled.

The second listbox, ie with one item, is a suggestion. You haven't typed dot, ::, -> or Ctrl+Space to get a Completion Listbox. VA X just guesses what you might be typing. Suggestion listboxes appear mid-symbol.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/suggestion.html?more=yes

The last listbox is a Completion Listbox from VA X. Notice the highlighting? Since there are only two completions, there is not scrollbar.

Not much we can do until we handle the leading ::.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000