Remote Desktop Visual Studio.Net
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gjsrz
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2004 :  9:43:49 PM  Show Profile
When using Visual Studio.Net over a remote desktop connection the screen flashes continually. This is a shame because it is how I usually use Visual Studio.

Graham

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2004 :  01:13:29 AM  Show Profile
We assume the flashing exists only after installing VA X.

You might try disabling the Context and Definition fields in our options dialog, and closing the VA View.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vaview.html?more=yes
Go to Top of Page

geary

12 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2004 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile
I have the same problem. It is easy to duplicate: Simply run VS.NET 2003 with VA.X build 1246 over a Remote Desktop connection, and do a little file editing. The display flickers like crazy. It makes VA.X unusable over Remote Desktop.

I tried closing the VA View and turning off the "View Context and Definition fields" checkbox, but it made no difference.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2004 :  5:31:33 PM  Show Profile
We cannot find a workaround.

We noted the bug. Unfortunately, we suspect we will be unable to remove all of the flicker. Some of it is necessary since VA X hooks itself into an otherwise unsuspecting IDE.

case=281
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  9:49:36 PM  Show Profile
Me too!!! I am experiencing the exact same issue that geary reports. I have VS .NET 2003, VA.X build 1246, and over Remote Desktop, the flicker in the editing window makes VA unusable.

The only thing that helps is to completely disable Visual Assist using the menu option "VAssistX > Enable/Disable Visual Assist X". After disabling VA, the nasty flicker goes away.

It sure would be nice if you guys could fix this... or if it's not completely fixable as suggested by support, maybe allow us to disable those features which contribute to the excessive flickering? Here's hoping you can improve this...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000