Technical Support
 Intellisense jumping when typing wrong name
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nalenb

48 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2004 :  9:34:00 PM  Show Profile
I have a class that has a bunch of member variable starting with m_ and I don't have any that start with m_ss. I'm using WTL and my class is derived from one of the Window classes.

If I type this-> a list box pops up with my class members. I start typing m_ and it jumps correctly to the section in the list with m_ variables. However, if I keep typing and type ss (to make this->m_ss) all of a sudden I'm done on a method SetPosition which I clearly don't want since I started my typing with m_ . The default intellisense does not do this. It stays in the m_ variable section.

Proper intellisense is 75% of what I use VAX for (the other 25% is for the auto complete) so I really, really want intellisens to work properly.

nalenb

48 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2004 :  9:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, VAX 1246 and VS.NET 2003 on Windows 2000.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2004 :  06:36:59 AM  Show Profile
strange, i have never seen VAX do this. WLT? is this a library for C++?

do you have a simple class that shows this problem? if so, i will try it, and see if it goes wrong for me.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Chris Nahr
Ketchup Master

92 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2004 :  09:30:49 AM  Show Profile
WTL is the Windows Template Library, an abortive effort by Microsoft to create a lightweight alternative for MFC. The WTL is today continued as an open source project: http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2004 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile
interesting so many things to learn about

does the list box shrink as you type m_ ?
this is a VAX option, text editor -> completion -> shrink member listboxes. normally i have this turned on. turning it off, i have just produced:

i am using the Qt library here, and the CdIndexFramework class has the member "m_splitter", which was current when i had:
this->m_s|

with "shrink member listboxes" turned on, i get an empty listbox when i type the second 's'. so i would suggest turning this on for now.

case=220

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000