Feature Requests
 Managed C++ Support
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kluch

9 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2004 :  1:19:55 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering if there are any plans to fix/refactor/add support for Managed C++ in Visual Studio 2003. I don't know if there is supposed to be support for it but I haven't had any luck getting it to work at all, most of my problems/frustrations come from the function parameters tooltips, as they are all wrong for instance:

MessageBox::Show()
Show's up as "void Show()" which is incorrect.

mangedTreeviewClass->SelectedNode->Nodes->Add();
Show's up as "int Add (HICON hIcon)" which is also incorrect.

This seems to happen with 90-100% of my managed objects, What's worse if I turn Visual Assist X off Microsoft's Intellisense shows the correct ones. I really like all the other features VAX offers so it's a shame to have to turn it off when I want to work with Managed C++

Thanks!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2004 :  5:15:42 PM  Show Profile
can you give me a couple of examples to try in a managed C++ console application? not knowing anything about .NET or managed C++ this seemed like a good place to start. adding:
MessageBox::Show();

to the _tmain() doesn't seem to be a sensible test though, and the wizard bar + tooltips are totally off the wall.

the correct include would also be useful, so i will know i have some working code. the wizard bar and tooltip info for the:
Console::WriteLine(S"Hello World");

line that _tmain came with look reasonable to me.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2004 :  8:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Assuming you have build 1272, you might enable "Get contents from default Intellisense" on the Listboxes node of our options dialog.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/members.html?more=yes&goto=defaultIntellisense
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000