1272 Installation problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Racey

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2004 :  11:58:18 AM  Show Profile
Running Visual Studio 6 on NT 4.0 and just tried to install the 1272 beta over 1246 without complete success.

First, the installation complained about not finding a system path. I assume this is supposed to mean VAX wants to add itself to "PATH" found in System Properties->Environment->System Variables. I say this because when I said I'd add it manually, VAX did not start up with VS. So I went through Tools->Customize->AddIns to manually reregistering VAX, and this time I let VAX create the path...At least I think I did because I got the toolbar.

Second, with the VAX toolbar now present in VS, I went to view Options to verify the installation. The Options menu would not appear. I clicked on "Open Corresponding .h or .cpp" and was told VAX needed to be running. I clicked on "Enable/Disable" and got the message saying VAX was enabled and did I want to disable it. So I tried toggling it off and back on. Clicking on "Open Corresponding..." still produced the statement saying VAX needed to be running and still no Options menu. (Note: I had a project loaded and a .cpp file open.)

Third, I reran the installation and came up to the "system path" query again. I clicked on cancel (presumeably this lets VAX set the path it needs) and started VS again. This time, the VAX toolbar was there, and "Open Corresponding.." worked as it's supposed to. But the Options still refused to open.

Third (take two), I uninstalled VAX and reinstalled it after rebooting the computer. Same problem. Still no Options dialog. And because of the uninstall, my display colors are now goofed up.

For now, I'm back to running 1246.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2004 :  10:13:07 AM  Show Profile
The message about a system path appears typically when an instance of MSDev has not exited completely. VA X wants to build default entries for the Directories node in our options dialog. It can't get the info it needs because some DLLs are in use.

We should update the message.

case=354

Our options button fails typically for two reasons:
1. Installation of VA X did not succeed
2. Your license is not valid

Since you rebooted and tried reinstalling, the license in your registry might be corrupt. Send an email to [email protected] and we will send a script to fix your registry.
Go to Top of Page

Racey

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2004 :  10:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps it is confused by a recent change in license keys. For a long time, I'd been using my own (versions 4 and 6) but the company I work for finally bought into it (version X), and I switched over to theirs without first uninstalling mine.

I also forgot to mention that I'm running WndTab 3.1. Judging from your response, that doesn't seem to conflict. Nonetheless, I uninstalled it reran the VAX install (figured I'd give 1274 a try). The problem still persisted with WndTabs gone.
Go to Top of Page

Racey

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2004 :  10:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Info sent.
Go to Top of Page

Racey

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2005 :  12:06:30 PM  Show Profile
This problem is still occuring with builds 1292 and 1293.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2005 :  12:41:06 PM  Show Profile
The DLL for our options dialog fails to load.

cd into the VA X installation directory and run:

regsvr32 vaopswin.dll
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000