New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

izb
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  07:51:57 AM  Show Profile
I used to use Visual Assist a long time ago but no longer use Visual Studio. I kinda miss it though and I remember there once was an unsupported standalone version of Visual Assist. I think it was called VA-Pad or something like that.

Is there any such thing still available? I'd love to have Visual Assist features in an ordinary text editor.

- izb

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile
I remember seeing mention of that. But, I thought it went unsupported because they changed the way VA worked. IIRC, it used to draw a window over top of the VS window in order to do its "magic," but now just alters the existing window. That would make it quite a bit harder to implement a stand-alone version.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2004 :  1:18:22 PM  Show Profile
We dabbled with a standalone editor, VA Pad, that had the smarts of VA. Unfortunately, the task was too big for us to handle, particulary given the small pricetag that would have been associated with its sale.

We opted to dedicate our time to improving the core of our software, and not distract ourselves with all the regular features/functionality of an editor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000