Technical Support
 No tooltip on collapsed functions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cuc

11 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2004 :  08:51:53 AM  Show Profile
When a function is collapsed with an outlining comand, there is no tooltip on the [...] symbol which shows the function body. Disabling VA X the tooltip appears.

Cuc

11 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2004 :  08:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Another tooltip related issue: when debugging if the mouse pointer points to a variable, the value of the variable will be shown. If VA X is disabled the contents of the tooltip is refreshed after each step. Enabling VA X the tooltip disappears after a debug step.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2004 :  6:03:04 PM  Show Profile
no tooltip in outlining mode:

case=463

tooltips in debug mode, using .NET 2003, VAX 1287 and C++ i have just tried the loop:

int nCount;
    for(nCount = 0; nCount < 10; nCount++) {
        printf("counter now reads {%d}", nCount);
    }

i placed a break point on the printf line, and looked at the tooltip for nCount as the loop ran, stepping through with F10

with VAX enabled the tooltip was updating and showing the correct value of nCount for me. also the value in the tooltip was always the same as the value shown in the "Autos" debug window.

what IDE and version of VAX are you using? can you provide a small example that shows this effect?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Cuc

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2004 :  1:44:59 PM  Show Profile
IDE version is .NET 2003, 7.1.3088
VA X version is 1287

The point is that I did not touch the mouse. I tried it now again with your code snippet and it works the way as I discribed. If I hover the mouse cursor on nCount in the first row, and I leave it there, the tooltip appears with the current value. Stepping with F10, and leaving the mouse alone, the tooltip disappears and does not appear until I move the mouse cursor a bit. When VA X is disabled the tooltip blinks after each F10 step and shows the updated vale. Sometimes I watch variables this way, but it's no problem to watch them in Autos, so it is not an annoying thing.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2004 :  4:52:06 PM  Show Profile
*ah* now i understand what you are talking about

case=466

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked