Hi people,

I have a class called "Image"
When I type
Image.
the listbox with all member functions appears

However when I declare a variable of type Image called testImage and type :

Image testImage;
testImage.

Nothign appears at all ....Is there somethign that I am doing wrong ??

Thanks
Vivek

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2004 :  02:12:45 AM  Show Profile
Maybe you need to wait a bit longer to give VAX the time to learn the new variable...

How much time lies between typing Image testImage; and the first usagew of testImage?

What happens if you press Ctrl + Space to force the appearance of the Listbox? Does that work?

Edited by - WannabeeDeveloper on Dec 17 2004 02:13:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

vikky999

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2004 :  03:10:54 AM  Show Profile
yeah dude !

gave it about a day !! should have been enough i guess. besides tried playing with all possible options in the visual assist options menu.

Tried adding some of the other include directories manually so that it parses them. Reparsed files....basically i think i tried everything i could.

But shouldnt I have to do NOTHING !! isnt this why this software was developed in the first place ???

Thanks anyway...any more comments you might have would be very helpful.

Vivek
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2004 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile
what IDE and version of VAX are you using? is this C++, C# or some other language?

if you show VAView do you get any information on the class Image when you hover the mouse pointer over the class name? i am wondering if VAX knows anything at all about this class in your code.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

vikky999

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2004 :  5:45:34 PM  Show Profile
yes if i hover the mouse pointer over the classname I do get some stuff popup in a yellow box.

The classname itself gets highlited in blue and if i type classname. the whole correct member list does show up.

However if i type
classname some_variable;
some_variable.

nothing appears. I am using Visual Studion 6.0 with the latest release of the Visual Assist from the website.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2004 :  06:31:00 AM  Show Profile
by VAView i mean: http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vaview.html?more=yes

does the information that appears in the yellow popup look correct? it seems that VAX knows about the class Image. this is most odd.

off hand i can only think of two things:
a) there is a name class, and VAX is finding two different classes called Image, and isn't sure which one to be using.

b) there is something about the C++ code you have that has totally confused VAX.

have you tried telling VAX to re-parse the current file? if the button is not on the VAX toolbar then you should be able to add it. this might help.

to be honest i am rather grasping at straws at the moment. if the reparse does not help could you try rebuilding the symbol databases: VAX options -> performance -> general -> rebuild

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000