Show full completion list w/o control-space
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Codeplug

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2005 :  1:10:05 PM  Show Profile
I've recently upgraded to VAX and I can't seem to reproduce previous behavior that I've grown accustomed to...

When I'm typing symbols that aren't on the RHS of "." or "->", I would like to see the full completion list automatically - not the suggestion list.

I can't find a way to configure this behavior. Is this behavior no longer possible in VAX?

Regards,
gg

VA_X.dll file version 10.1.1293.0
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.2.0.4
MSDev.exe version 6.0.8355.2
Devshl.dll version 6.0.8355.0
Devedit.pkg version 6.0.9782.0
Comctl32.dll version 5.81.4916.400
WindowsNT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4
Single processor

Graham C Greene

Codeplug

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2005 :  5:39:08 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to clarify the "previous behavior"...

Prior to VAX, I would disable "Display best guesses in inverse tooltips", and enable "Complete with Tab as well as Crtl+Space". This would allow me to start typing a symbol and hit Tab to complete the symbol or display the full completion list.

In VAX it seems that Tab is only associated with the suggestion list and Crtl+Space is now the only way to display the completion list. I would like Tab to go right to the completion list if possible.

gg
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2005 :  1:28:38 PM  Show Profile
before the upgrade, which version of VA were you using? the behaviour you are describing is not one that i really recall encountering.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2005 :  11:06:51 AM  Show Profile
VA never had a "floating completion listbox." Suggestions were the only things that appeared as you typed.

Your guess that we removed the "open completion listbox on Tab" option is correct. While we recognize a few people used the option, particularly when suggestions were disabled, we simply could not maintain it. VA X kept conflicting with IDE behavior, particularly as the IDE started popping up more of its own dialogs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000