toggle underlining switch button
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

axel014

Romania
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2005 :  06:46:52 AM  Show Profile
i think the toggle underlining button is a bit reversed i have activated both underline options (spelling errors and mistyped symbols) in config dialog, and all errors are underlined ok when the button is off. switching the button on hides all underlinings.. of course this is another not really important issue

using
VA_X.dll file version 10.1.1293.0
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.2.0.4
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Single processor

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2005 :  5:50:54 PM  Show Profile
all right, thats odd. i have just double checked here using .NET 2003, VAX 1293 and a managed C++ project.

with both options turned on i am seeing both invalid symbols and spelling errors underlined. if i turn off either option then the relevant underlining disappears.

are you using C#? i have seen the IDE underline some things in C# before now, so it is possible that the IDE and VAX are arguing over who gets to draw the underlines if you change the VAX underlining colours to something distinct this should help tell you who is drawing them.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

axel014

Romania
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2005 :  05:49:38 AM  Show Profile
i'm using VC++. The project isn't managed, but that shouldn't make a difference :)

the issue only relates to the toolbar button, the two checkboxes in options dialog work ok..
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2005 :  3:34:57 PM  Show Profile
the pictures aren't loading for me, but now i know you are looking at a toolbar button i have found and turned on this button. i have never felt the need to use this before since i like my underlining

i would say that the button is working correctly. it is toggling the underlining from on (as set in the options) to off on a temporary basis. this is how i am interpreting its presence and action.

Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2005 :  02:53:20 AM  Show Profile
Strangely I don't see the images when I first load this page, but I can use right click - View Image to see them and after that they show up inline.

Anyway, I agree with axel014 not feline. The sense of the toolbar button is reversed.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2005 :  6:55:53 PM  Show Profile
still no luck getting the images to load here. i have tried both IE and firefox.

as for the button, i probably cannot talk both of you round to my way of thinking on this

case=521

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000