Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Yet Another Open File in Workspace Feature Req.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gururamnath

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  06:21:02 AM  Show Profile
After I start using VAX, I never use the Solution Explorer at all. Most of the time I use Open File in workspace to select the files. But it is getting tedious to type the required file description every time. It will be great if we can have a history of the previously typed words in a combo box (with a IE like auto fill option) and the allow the users to pick them later. I guess this will surely benefit lot of users who just rely on OFIW to get files.

-Guru Kathiresan

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  07:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Isn't that what the MRU box in the VA View is for?

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

gururamnath

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  1:44:33 PM  Show Profile
I dont use the solution explorer or any other views. I just close all the views/windows that are docked in the left handside of the Editor(and have a clean full screen editor). Even with VA view, If i'm not mistaken, there is no such like history view for the things u have typed previously(I know there is something for the files/functions that are navigated using VAX).

-Guru Kathiresan
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Tomato Guru

United Kingdom
781 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  3:09:12 PM  Show Profile
The VA View shows the files that have been opened using OFIW. So it seems that the functionality is already present, albeit not in exactly the place you want it.

Stephen Turner
ClickTracks http://www.clicktracks.com/
Winner: ClickZ's Best Web Analytics Tool 2003 & 2004
Go to Top of Page

gururamnath

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  4:08:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen

The VA View shows the files that have been opened using OFIW. So it seems that the functionality is already present, albeit not in exactly the place you want it.

I guess you havent read my post properly. I said, I need the pattern (file description not the full name)to be saved in the history not the file I have already choosen. For listing / viewing a set of files that ends with .h, I used .h in the OFIW editbox, but If I have to go back to .cpp which I typed previously, I cannot go directly other than retyping .cpp. Also I mentioned that I close all the Solution view explorer (VA View is part of the Solution explorer view so, it will also be closed).
The current feature can be added by replacing the editbox in OFIW with a combo box and save the history in combobox list. I guess this feature is not present in VAX.

-Guru Kathiresan
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  4:55:05 PM  Show Profile
What you request is not available in VA X. You need to retype your filter each time you open the OFIW dialog.

case=549

Use Shift+Click and Ctrl+Click in the OFIW dialog today if you want to open multiple files at one time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000