Feature Requests
 Space-insensitivity
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markder

2 Posts

Posted - May 13 2005 :  5:43:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm putting together a Voice Programming Kit that I will be implementing at large corporations with communities of "disabled programmers." The kit will include Dragon NaturallySpeaking as the dictation software. There is one small required feature that is critical before Visual Assist can become the linchpin for the whole Kit:

In the 'search' text boxes, like in VA View, Open File in Workspace, List Methods in Current File etc., filter out any spaces as a pre-step to the actual search. I.e., typing in "my function 1" would be equivalent to typing "myfunction1". Think of the text box being "space-insensitive" as well as "case-insensitive".

The reason this is critical is that voice-recognition programs think in English sentences, and so one can easily dictate "my function 1", but it is very tedious to dictate it without the spaces.

Please let me know if you guys think this tweak is possible...

Mark

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - May 13 2005 :  6:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Interesting suggestion. We like the idea.

While methods cannot have spaces, file names can. We'll have to consider what happens when we filter spaces from "my file 1" yet a file exists called "my file 1.cpp."

case=617
Go to Top of Page

markder

2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2005 :  7:41:23 PM  Show Profile
That's great news... let me know if you need any input.

We are currently using WorkspaceWhiz (www.workspacewhiz.com) as our Open File in Workspace solution, it supports this space-insensitivity concept. It doesn't have any of the other features that we need, and so we are hoping to switch to Visual Assist as soon as possible.

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000