Color of namespaces after "using" directive
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukitzmann

10 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  05:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

just wondering why some namespaces after "using" are colored blue (default) and others grey? The blue ones are namespaces from assemblies in GAC, the grey ones are from private assemblies (they're all referenced, though).

BTW, VAView doesn't show anything when hovered over members of "grey" namespaces, but Intellisense works fine...

I have no idea, why they're colored different, I must admit .

Regards,
Uwe

Edited by - ukitzmann on May 23 2005 05:17:34 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  5:33:31 PM  Show Profile
which language are you using? also can you post an example or two? off hand i don't know, but with a bit more info i can ask about this

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

ukitzmann

10 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Sorry for the delay in responding - I was on vacation for a couple of days...

I'm using C# and I believe that the grey ones were not parsed. VA does not seem to know them in VAView...
Currently I have no sample at hand. But the most obvious difference between the blue and gray namespaces is, that
the gray ones belong to private assemblies with "copy local" set to false.

Regards,
Uwe
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  3:30:11 PM  Show Profile
i can reproduce this colour effect, but so far only one one machine, and the symptoms make no sense to me.

i open a C# project and all is fine. if i then open a single cs file in the same IDE, which is not part of the project, all top level name spaces in using statements go grey rather than blue.

so i am ending up with:

using System.Windows.Forms;

is this anything like what you are getting?

the assemblies not being parsed problem is proving hard to investigate since i don't really know anything about C# assemblies and what i have just been reading was not helpful enough to allow me to reproduce what you are describing.

can you tell me what i need to know, or point me at a good example i can download and experiment with?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

ukitzmann

10 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  3:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for investigating. I try to set up some example for you as soon as possible...

Regards,
Uwe
Go to Top of Page

ukitzmann

10 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2005 :  10:42:50 AM  Show Profile
Finally I had some time to write a (simple) example to demonstrate the coloring (parsing?) effect.

The example contains two seperate C# library projects, where "MainAssembly" is referencing a "ReferencedAssembly". "ReferencedAssembly" is not in GAC.

The class of "ReferencedAssembly" is not colored correctly (and seems not to be parsed) in "MainAssembly".

ZIP sent to support...
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2005 :  6:34:12 PM  Show Profile
Fixed in 1418.
Go to Top of Page

ukitzmann

10 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile
In the example I've sent to support, the namespace "ReferencedAssembly.Test" is not colored blue, although "ReferencedAssembly.dll" is referenced and available. Also HCB doesn't show any members of an instantiated class of "ReferencedAssembly.Test".

It's still an issue, I believe.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000