Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Syntax Highlighting Disappears Entirely?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BMStroh

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  9:18:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm using Visual Studio 2003 (Academic).

I downloaded VAX yesterday to have a look at it. So far, it looks great. But now, whenever I hit <enter> in a code window, all color highlighting disappears. If I rebuild the solution, color comes back, until I hit <enter> again.

I saw that there were various issues with color back in the 123* build range, but I didn't see anything quite like this when I searched the forum.

The weird thing is that it was working fine earlier today at the office. :)

I've tried setting Tools|Options|Environment|Fonts & Colors back to defaults, but that didn't seem to help.

Ideas?

BMStroh

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  11:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Okay, replying to my own post...

I just uninstalled AnkhSVN and VAX, and I'm still seeing my color disappear in my editing window. Must be a bug with Studio somewhere along the way...
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  5:15:58 PM  Show Profile
not nice. you could try re-installing VA and telling it to reset the IDE. a bit of a long shot, but this could help. be warned this will wipe out any custom keyboard shortcuts you have setup.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  5:28:13 PM  Show Profile
AnkhSVN works fine with VAX, I have used both side-by-side for several builds now...

Go to Top of Page

BMStroh

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  6:21:41 PM  Show Profile
Just finished watching my CD-ROM spin for a while doing a repair install of Studio. Hopefully, that will correct whatever flaked out. After 5 minutes of experimenting, I've still got color...

If things are stable for a while, I'll probably add AnkhSVN and VAX back into the mix.

Visual Studio is a huge improvement over a text editor and the command-line compilers, but Visual Studio with VAX is a similar jump. In just a few hours of work on a project for an ASP.NET class, it was amazing how much MORE useful Intellisense and highlighting became.

To the point that I'm considering shelling out more for VAX than I paid for Studio. :)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18939 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  6:59:29 PM  Show Profile
hopefully this has fixed it. as for VA, in my considered opinion its well worth it

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000