1422: Sluggish navigation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erik Olofsson
Tomato Guru

111 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  09:37:02 AM  Show Profile
After I have edited anything in the file the cursor does not update at "full speed" until after a few seconds.

It might be because I have an accelerated keyboard repeat rate running at 80 characters/second.

While I hold the up or down-key down the cursor does not show its changed position until I release the key. And also the cursor seems to move at a reduced speed.

This effectively makes 1421-1422 unusable for me.

Edit: If I don't move the cursor at once I only have to wait about 2 seconds before editing at full speed again. It seems moving the cursor puts off the background processing somehow and while the background processing is running the cursor isn't updated.

Cutting Edge Project Management
http://www.hansoft.se

Edited by - Erik Olofsson on Sep 11 2005 09:43:19 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18942 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  3:09:31 PM  Show Profile
here i am using winXP pro SP2 and in control panel -> keyboard the character repeat speed is already set at 100%, and i have not seen any response problems in VS 2003 with 1422. however i have VA's option to double the effective rate of key repeat turned off.

turning this on and i am still not seeing any delay. i added a variable and for loop to a C++ function, and then instantly used the arrow keys to scroll up and down the file.

what IDE and language are you using? does this effect happen on all files and projects? i am wondering if it could be tied to the size of the file or workspace.

are you using alt_o immediately after making an edit? any macros? any other "odd" things that might be relevant?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  4:26:09 PM  Show Profile
Got it... Fix will be in build 1423.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Olofsson
Tomato Guru

111 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile
A variation of this problem was introduces in 1426. Whenever I start tying a word or press space after a word the editor goes into a mode where it update approximately every 500 ms until I stop tying for a while. This does not reproduce if I place the cursor in the middle of or at the end of a word and type there.

This is in Visual Studio 2005 RC1

Edit: Here is a copy of the program I use/created to accelerate the keyboard repeat rate to a programmer friendly 80 Hz with 200 ms delay.

http://www.olofsson.info/InputRemapperKB80.zip

Cutting Edge Project Management
http://www.hansoft.se

Edited by - Erik Olofsson on Oct 07 2005 12:10:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000