New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bugfix
Tomato Guru

Germany
324 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  07:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Often the correct suggestion is last entry in suggestion listbox. So what I would like to have is that if you use e.g. up-arrow at first entry in listbox it jumps to last entry instead of closing the listbox.

http://www.mf-sd.de

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  4:27:04 PM  Show Profile
currently both the up and down arrows quit suggestion lists, so that they are not to intrusive.

*experiments with completion listboxes* these stay there allowing me to press various keys, but they don't wrap around either.

i know this has come up before, and the current state is the result of much debate.

if you have shorthand and acronyms turned on have you tried typing a letter from further on in the token's name, to narrow the list quickly?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

bugfix
Tomato Guru

Germany
324 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  09:55:34 AM  Show Profile
The completion listbox accepts at least page-up/down whereas suggestion box closes.
As for typing more letters, well just imagine vars like VertexA, VertexB, VertexC.

http://www.mf-sd.de
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  1:59:22 PM  Show Profile
you do make a fair point, but at the same time suggestion listboxes pop up all the time, of their own accord. let me play devils advocate for a moment.

imagine finding that you cannot move through the code to look up the details of what you are typing because VA has placed an "unwanted" listbox on the screen, stopping you moving around as you want...

personally i am inclined to agree with you, but i suspect this would upset quite a few people.

as for your variables, try typing 'A', 'B' or 'C' next

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000