Technical Support
 Copy-Paste - Flicker bug
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrei

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  6:25:28 PM  Show Profile
I have v.1423 and VStudio 2005 RC1. The problem was also under August CTP and July CTP (I did not use VS.NET before)
I am about 80% sure that the problem is in VAssist:
It is not 100% reproduceable and appears after some time of working (maybe switching between windows, etc): When I copy text with Ctrl-C and then paste it with Ctrl-V the whole editor window Flickers: it looks as "someone" presses Ctrl-A (select all) Ctrl-X (cut) - Ctrl-V (Insert). I write so, because I see that the WHOLE TEXT on the screen is selected, then disappears and appears again. REMEMBER - I mean IT LOOKS LIKE this way, I do not mean that these actions happen. The operation that I did is performed ok - the text from clipboard is inserted, BUT, and what disturbs me - the cursor jumps somethere one page ahead. So I have to go back to find then I just was editing...
After installation of RC1 (clean machine) I worked about 2 days without installing of VAssist - and the problem did not appear. Today I have installed VAssist and in some hours the problem appeared. After that I have uninstalled it - and until now I do not have the problem.....

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18943 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  2:52:50 PM  Show Profile
can you reinstall VA and use the IDE until this problem shows up. when it does turn off the VA option

VA Options -> text editor -> C/C++ -> format after paste

and this problem should go away. can you then try selecting a block of text and tell the IDE to format it. the keyboard shortcut is CTRL-K + CTRL-F

this should indicate if the problem shows up independently of VA. are you using large files, as in many thousands of lines? i only recall one previous report of anything like this, and that was at the end of a large file.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000