New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  1:58:24 PM  Show Profile
There are a few things wrong when coloring the class view.
Many structs are colored either as functions or shown in black. Folders in the class view are sometimes colored in grey.
Classes which derive from templates are most times colored in black.
COM interface definitions are often wrong colored.

It seems that if a COM interface definition happens to have a name which also appears somewhere else, "else" will overrule the actual type for coloring in the class view.

Is there any chance to go the whole 100% and also color the tooltips of class view list items which are not completly visible?

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  3:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Classes might not be colored correctly if VA X has not seen their definitions. Make sure you have "Parse all files..." checked in Assist|Options|Performance|General. Reopen your project if it was not checked.

Can you post or email a small example of a COM interface that appears colored incorrectly? We expect a method in a class from the COM interface to appear brown, just as the method that exists "elsewhere."

Can we assume you like coloring throughout the IDE?

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  4:35:49 PM  Show Profile
VA X has definitely seen all definitions, its properly shown at any other place.

Most of the COM interfaces are properly colored, just a few are not. And I am pretty sure now, the reason is that the names of these functions exist in other contexts too.
I have one function called License in my COM object. But this also exists as a struct outside of the COM object with the same name. So, the coloring of "License" in blue is correct if it was the struct. In this case its the COM interface function, so it should be brown.

Also, some other "properties" which exist outside of the COM object as #defines, are colored in magenta (as defines) but they are (property-) functions.

I'll try to send you a cut-down COM interface to repro it.

And so far I'm not sure if I like coloring everywhere, but I'm giving it a try. What I definitely NOT like is bold/italic. Simply because pretty much every fixed-width font looks horrible in bold/italic.

Edited by - Uniwares on Nov 24 2003 4:37:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000