Technical Support
 context menu disappearing?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

partnerinflight

37 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  2:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm not sure if this is a bug, and can only coincidentally relate it to VAX, but maybe you guys'll recognize it:

The context menu started disappearing ever since I installed VAX. I right-click in source, the context menu appears for a second, and then immediately disappears. Does this sound like anything VAX might be causing?

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  2:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Cant repro here. Although I remember loooong time ago there was an issue with the context menu which disappeared.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  3:22:16 PM  Show Profile
We currently require you to Shift+Right+Click in the source window, or Right+Click in the selection margin, to see the VA X context menu. We have plans to extend the context menu of VS.NET, ie so you do not need the Shift.

We believe the dissappearing context menu is due to a bug in the IDE, and we assume you have VC++ 6.0. If we are right, the parsing thread responsible for the ClassView is not finishing. It's stuck and clears the context menu sporadically. You might notice also some strange flickering of your text caret.

Open the ClassView. If parsing is not finished, this is certainly the problem you have.

Try exiting your IDE and deleting the NCB file(s) associated with your project(s).

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.

Edited by - support on Nov 24 2003 4:02:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

partnerinflight

37 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2003 :  4:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Shift-right click causes VA context menu to show up, and it does stay. However the VS.NET IDE context menu keeps flickering out. I am using VS.NET 2003, not VC++ 6.0.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000