Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2003 :  11:40:02 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,

There are some effects of the context and definition bar, I want to report.

Sometimes a tooltip displaying "Definition" stays on the screen, in the neighborhood of the definition bar.

I can't really point my finger at it, but when I do the following, it often works:
- Open two files (for example one .cpp and one .h file).
- Place the cursor on an empty line, outside the scope of a definition or declaration. Hence the definition bar is empty or displays the (location and) name of the current file.
- Switch to the other file and then click somewhere inside the editor window of this file
- Use the mouse (on the tabs) to switch back to the other file and place your mouse directly on the definition bar.
- Hence the tooltip shows up. It will not go away. Even minimizing and restoring the IDE won't help. The only way is to switch to another file and swith back (or Restarting the IDE...)
Although it's not big in size, it's getting on my nerves...

Another point is the text inside the definition bar. (It's something I've reported already with the other version of Visual Assist.)
- Place the cursor on some variable, hence the definition bar displays its definition.
- Press CTRL+F to open the Find window. Move this window so it's on (it covers) the righter half of this definition.
- Move the Find window of the definition bar again. Hence the righter part that was covered is shown, while the left part is blank.

And just a small remark, which probabely isn't new for the WholeTomato team: If the definition bar is displaying something, switch to another non-full-screened application (i.e. Notepad). Drag it across the definition bar and release it somewhere else. Hence the VS IDE is redrawn correctly, except the definition bar, it is left blank.
I don't mind on this one because when I'm using other applications, I don't need the data of the definition bar. But it's something I've encountered, and might give you a small clue on one of the reports above.

Thanks in advance for looking into this matter.

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2321 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2003 :  10:09:04 PM  Show Profile
As for the "persistent tooltip" clicking on the tooltip makes it disappear.
Go to Top of Page

PatLuja
Tomato Guru

Belgium
416 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2003 :  03:11:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Uniwares,

In some way I didn't tried to click on the tooltip. I've tried a lot but not clicking on it (such a simple basic action). Thanks you for pointing it out.

I still hope this can be fixed a one time or another...

With kind regards,
Patrick Luja
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000